Festival of Trees | November 29
Even with Mrs. Claus and all those elves, the chubby guy himself couldn't create a better winter wonderland than Greeley's Festival of Trees.
This annual week-long extravaganza of exquisitely decorated trees and wreaths began twenty-seven years ago. Every year the Festival of Trees presents a forest of beautifully decorated trees, whimsical to elaborate, each with its own unique theme.
At the end of the Festival, the coveted People's Choice, St. Nick’s Pick, and Mrs. C’s Favorite Tree awards are presented to the businesses, individuals or organizations whose trees are voted overall favorites. Not to forget Candy Cane Lane, a showcase of evergreens adorned with ornaments created by “mini-crafters” who compete for the Kids’ Choice ribbon!
This celebration is one of the most anticipated yuletide events not only for our community, but all of Northern Colorado.
In addition to strolling through splendidly decorated lobbies, patrons enjoy heartwarming activities including visits with Santa and Mrs. Claus, face-painters, children's activities, horse and carriage rides, holiday demonstrations, door prize drawings, and joyous serenading by Christmas choirs and merry musicians. Keep an eye out for Holly and Noel, the talking Christmas Trees!
Schedule for November 29
- 5:00 - 9:00PM Horse and Carriage Rides by Hearts and Tails Carriage Co. (Weather Permitting) $5/12 & under free
- 5:00 - 9:00PM Merry Makers’ Face Painting
- 5:00 - 9:00PM Kids vote for their favorite tree in Security Service Federal Credit Union’s Candy Cane Lane AND enter to win a bike donated by CORPAC Steel Products
- 5:00 - 9:00PM Kids Scavenger Hunt
- 5:00 - 9:00PM Find the “Pickle” Ornament Contest
- 5:00 - 9:00PM Adults vote for People’s Choice Display & enter to win the Door-Prize-A-Day gift certificate!
- 5:45 - 6:15PM Vocalist Aimee Woods
- 6:00 - 9:00PM Kris Kringle Craft Corner hosted by Girl Scout Troop 70614
- 6:15 - 7:00PM Back Home - Celtic and American Folk Music
- 6:30 - 8:00PM Visit with Santa in Security Service Federal Credit Union’s Candy Cane Lane!
- 7:00 - 7:30PM Violinist Abbey Youngman and Pianist Peter Romero
Bring a non-perishable food item for the Weld Food Bank and don't forget your camera!
- $2 adults
- $1 children ages 1 to 12 years and seniors 60+
Tickets can be purchased from the Union Colony Civic Center box office, 701 10th Avenue.
All proceeds benefit the Union Colony Civic Center and the Greeley Philharmonic Guild.